Welcome our newest addition to CFA…KILL CLIFF
We are proud to be a new vendor of Kill Cliff Recovery Drink, and are excited to share with you why we added it to our arsenal.
Why are we carrying Kill Cliff Recovery Drink?
- To provide a “Tasty” (kudos to their marketing for this “flavor”) way to help your body recover from the intense workouts you perform here at CFA.
What is Kill Cliff ?
- A delicious… i mean, Tasty… lightly carbonated drink designed to speed recovery by reducing swelling and inflammation.
- Almost all-natural (only the low-calorie sweetener, Sucralose, which is derived from sugar is not all-natural)
- Designed by a former Navy SEAL and people who know exactly how it feels to be crushed by an intense WOD
What’s in the can?
If you look at the ingredient list on a can of Kill Cliff, you’ll notice there aren’t a lot of useless sugars and stimulants in it. But you might not know what all the ingredients are for. Each ingredient serves a specific purpose for a faster and more effective recovery.
The ingredients can be broken down into four main groups:
- Stress Relief
- Circulatory health
- Digestive Help
The anti-inflammatory ingredients in Kill Cliff are Ginger Extract, Milk Thistle, and Bromelain. Everybody who trains is familiar with the stiffness and soreness caused by inflammation. Kill Cliff thought, “How great would it be if you didn’t have to deal with those symptoms the next day?” So they set to find out, and came up with Kill Cliff, and.. it works great!
De-Stressing Your Body
Kill Cliff contains Taurine and Ginseng Root Powder to help reduce physiological stress caused by working out. Taurine prevents oxidative stress induced by exercise and Ginseng Root Powder is an all-natural adaptogen (a product that increases the body’s resistance to stress). Hard training and work outs put a lot of stress on your body, and Kill Cliff helps your body recover from that stress easier.
Improving Blood Flow
Kill Cliff also add Green Tea Extract , Inositol, and Caffeine for overall circulatory health. Green Tea is a well-recognized anti-oxidant and removes free radicals from your body. Inositol helps your circulatory system stay strong and able to pump blood to and from your muscles more efficiently to remove waste from hard physical activity. And while caffeine is well known as a stimulant, it also causes blood vessels to open and let blood flow more freely.
And the last group of ingredients is a special formula specifically designed to help you get the most from your post workout meal. It contains
- Glucuronolactone , a precursor for ascorbic acid synthesis
- Lipase, which breaks down fats in the digestive system
- Amylase, which breaks down starches
- Protease 4.5, which helps digest protein
- Invertase, which helps break down sugar
- Beta-Glucanase to help break down fiber
- Serrazimes, which are digestive enzymes
Try one soon and we know you’ll agree that Kill Cliff is an awesome addition to the CFA WOD Shop. As with all our items up front, to make things even easier you can just use the Grab-and-Go sheet to pick up a Kill Cliff and charge it to your account!
*adapted from a blog post developed by CFCU.